Liss Jnr Sch Weather
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Liss Jnr Sch Weather
Who has Visited?
Where have they visited from?
Where and when did they visit?
Liss Junior School Blog
News from the main Liss Junior School Blog
Kafuro & Liss Blog
Kafuro Primary School & Liss Junior School’s shared blog
- Liss tomato plants are growing (Kafuro & Liss blog)
- Year 6 SATs (Kafuro & Liss blog)
- Our new bottle greenhouse and a close encounter with a balloon (Kafuro & Liss blog)
- School Grounds Day at Liss 2019 (Kafuro & Liss blog)
- Ugandan meals and water melons (Kafuro & Liss blog)
The latest news from other classes at Liss Junior School
- Calshot 2019 – Day 3 (Maple Class)
- Calshot 2019 Day 2 (Maple Class)
- Calshot 2019 Day 1 (Maple Class)
- Roman Mosaics (Ash Class)
- Charity Day 2019 (Maple Class)
- Rock Detectives (Ash Class)
- Poetry, Danegeld and Ethelred the Unready! (Larch Class)
- Year 5 Design Technology – Pizza Making (Birch Class)
- Year 5 Design Technology – Pizza Making (Pine Class)
- This week we have been… (Larch Class)
- Alice Holt (Larch Class)
Other Liss Junior School Blogs
The latest news from FilmClub, Craft Club and Liss Junior School PTA
What’s been happening?
Who's Online14 visitors online now0 guests, 14 bots, 0 members
Tag Archives: English
In English, we have been studying The Island, a book by Armin Greder, about a man who is washed up on an island to be discovered by the local inhabitants. The book deals with the themes of immigration and prejudice with … Continue reading
In English, we have been studying Armin Greder’s novel, The Island, about the problems a stranger causes a community when he washes up on their shore. We decided that we would write a speech given to the rest of the … Continue reading
Rowan Class homework last week was to write a description of the cyclops, Polyphemus. Here’s Sam’s brilliant writing.
On Friday Rowan Class had their firsdt session in how to use some of the features of Reading Cloud, our new library system. The children learned how to create their own avatar, a brief biography of themselves and to also … Continue reading
In shared reading we have also been studying Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz. We asked the children to create blackout poems from one page of the novel. The children had to decide what text to cross out (the blackout) and what … Continue reading