Goodbye to Rowan Class 2019 – 2020

It was the last day of a unique year today. In 25 years of teaching I’ve never experienced anything like Covid – 19 and the chaos it caused. It is a credit to all of our children how much resilience they’ve shown during lockdown and how they’ve responded to re-entering school in socially distanced bubbles.

Both Mrs Gill and I have been amazed at how quickly Rowan pupils adapted to the ‘New Normal’ and the last half term has been a lot of fun. Although I would have preferred to have the whole class in a normal year, it has been wonderful to get to know the children a bit better in the bubbles and to keep in touch through TEAMS.

Normally, on the last day there would be a Leavers Assembly with all of the parents invited, but social distancing measures has prevented this happening. However, the children’s thoughts on leaving school, their favourite memories and hopes for the future are available to view on TEAMS.

Finally, a big thank you to all the children and parents for your very kind words. Reading your cards and notes has been very moving and I feel very privileged to have taught such a lovely class.

Have a fantastic summer and we wish you all the best of luck at secondary school.

This entry was posted in Rowan Class and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.