Yet more persuasive letters – Evan, Joe, Joshua H, Max B

Liss Junior School

Hilbrow Road

Liss

Hants

GU33 7LQ

Thursday 23rd April

Dear Mrs Pritchard,

I’m writing to you to complain about the school uniform. I’m against having school uniform, I think it’s a bad idea.

Firstly, it’s a bad idea because if you go on a school trip and there are lots of other school’s wearing white polo shirts and someone from this school takes their jumper off, you could lose them. Do you really want the children to get lost?

Secondly, I think the school uniform is really expensive if a parent buys a jumper and doesn’t have a younger sibling. It’s a waste of money because you grow out of it. And they’re really bad material because I’ve seen someone come out with a ripped t-shirt/jumper. Do you really want the parents complaining that their child’s t-shirt and jumper are ripped and that they have spent loads of money?

Thirdly, if everyone wore the same thing they can’t show their personality and who they are. I think getting rid of the school uniform will be a good idea because it will be more colourful and it would be easy to recognise pupils.

In conclusion, I think we should be able to wear our own clothes and if you don’t make this decision I will take further action and may be leaving this school.

Yours sincerely

Evan B

Liss Junior School

Hillbrow Road

Liss

GU33 7LQ

Tuesday 31st March 2015

Dear Mr Burford,

I am writing to ask you to not make us wear our own clothes. I think the uniform is an important part for our amazing school. I don’t understand why you say we should wear our own clothes.

Firstly, if we go on a school trip a pupil could get lost, would you want that? Our school uniform stands out and our badge is on the jumper and the T-shirt of the two tall trees. Therefore there is no way we will get lost as we our Liss uniform is bright red.

Secondly, we think it is more fun if we could have an ‘own clothes day’. So then we could have more class treat ideas. If our school children did something amazing in school uniform you would get adults to take their child to this school, not forgetting you would get the school recommended. Do you not want more children?

The uniform is expensive however, the school gets some of the money and the uniform shows respect I think. Some people say it is itchy but the school can easilly do something about that. Also you are get used to the itch because it goes away after a week.

In conclusion, you should not make us wear our own clothes so then it will show more respect to our school. Finally, I know you will change your idea and you will make 230 children very sad if you don’t choose my idea.

Yours sincerely

Joe W

Liss Junior School

Hillbrow Road

Liss

GU337LQ

Tuesday 31st March

Dear Mr Burford,

I am writing to inform you about your silly mistake by allowing children to come in their own clothes every day. This is a good time to think about what you have done.

Firstly, our old school uniform is better for the following reasons: when the children go out on a trip, where there can be other schools and other people, they need their school uniforms to know who they belong to and to be clearly seen with the colour light red and light grey. Also, when they are on a trip you want them to look smart and well-dressed to represent your school. Do you want children to go missing?

Next, this will bring other visitors to the school which will make you earn more money. There are more reasons, the school uniforms are cheaper than own clothes this will also attract visitors. Do you want your school reputation to go down?

I know your idea will make children come to the school but you will just lose them again anyway, own clothes might feel more comfortable as I have said, it’s just because they don’t like school. Although there are some good reasons for having own clothes there are far more bad reasons.

Additionally, when the school has a charity day one will raise money because they can wear their own clothes anyway.

Please have a think about it and I would love it if you change your mind. If not everyone will complain. I will say it is not my fault.

I hope you change your mind after our discussion. You thought too quickly about your decision. Also I expect you to do this or no children will come to this school because of one mistake.

Yours sincerely

Joshua H

Liss Junior School

Hillbrow Road

Liss

GU33 7LQ

Tuesday 31st March 2015

Dear Mr Burford,

I am writing to tell you why school uniform should still be worn. Because it will help the school to be recognised by other people.

Firstly, if the children went on a school trip, the school uniform will represent the school. Also the uniform will identify the children so teachers won’t lose them. Do you want teachers reporting lost children?

Next, it will help older children who leave pass it on to their younger siblings, instead of wasting money on a new uniform. However, some pupils believe that wearing own clothes expresses their individual appearance. But you have opportunities at school to do that as well. Also pupils had an opinion on why it is so uncomfortable to wear at school. Do you want people walking into school wearing inappropriate clothes?

Finally, it will look very smart, and could attract other more parents to send their children to the school. Also if you don’t go ahead with my reason on why school uniform should be kept, you will end up having bags of complaints from parents that the children are not safe and should not go to the school. Do you want parents saying they are going to move school?

In conclusion I hope you understand why the school uniform should be kept. If you don’t go ahead with solving this problem I will tell all the parents, which will make you have a bad appearance.

Yours sincerely

Max B

This entry was posted in Literacy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.