Final batch of persuasive letters – Natasha, Luke S, Harmony

Liss Junior School

Hill Brow Road

Liss

GU33 7LQ

Wednesday 1st April 2015

Dear Mr Burford,

I am writing to you to say that I am not impressed with the decision you have made that school uniform should go. I, along with lots of other pupils and plenty of staff members, totally disagree with the plan to allow children to wear their own clothes to school because of the following reasons in the rest of my letter.

Firstly, the uniform is vital to the safety of school trips and other outings as children are easily identified by staff. Do you really want to have lots of complaints from parents about lost children? Some people may argue that the uniform is not bright enough, but what’s not bright about neon red?! I think the uniform is perfectly see-able anywhere.

Secondly, the school uniform makes pupils look smart for school photos, it shows that children respect their school and brings credit to the school. Because when a child goes out to do sports at another school (Bohunt) it shows what school they are from. Then the school will be happy they came and that will give credit to our school.

Also, at the beginning of the day children won’t have to spend time picking out an outfit that’s all nice. I’m sure if you were in thus situation you would be stressed out because you don’t have time to pick out an outfit or you’d be late for school .Children will just have to put on the uniform every day. Therefore there is no fuss on what to wear in the mornings to school. There is also little chance that they will be late .I’m sure you don’t want children to miss registration for the sake of some clothes?

If I was reading this letter right now I would be feeling lots of other pupils will leave the school. Are you sure you want that to happen? So tonight at your meeting make sure you make the right decision and choose to keep the school uniform.

In conclusion, I think it is a terrible idea and you should keep school uniform for the sake of the Liss Junior School children. You have 48 hours to make up your mind. If not, I will take serious action and make a cold sweat run down your spine!

Yours sincerely,

Miss Natasha B

Liss Junior School

Hillbrow Rd

Liss

Hants

GU33 7LQ

Tuesday 31st March 2015

Dear Mrs Pritchard,

I am writing to inform you that school uniform should be allowed into the school. School uniform is a very good idea and should be allowed immediately. The following reasons should make you choose school uniform.

First of all, children can be recognised on school trips. If they wore their own clothes, when out of school, and they got lost, they won’t be found easily. However, when they have school uniform on, it will be easier to be found. Do you really want children to be lost on school trips?

Next, school uniform shows respect for the school it represents. It shows how people are taught. If we don’t have uniform, how can people know how great Liss junior is? You want more children to come to this school. How will it be advertised to Liss and other places? There is no better way to persuade the children to come, than making school uniform.

As well as that, school uniform is hard to destroy and cheap to buy. Uniform isn’t much to buy, so parents won’t have to get loads. This is good for you because of the money that parents save can be bought for normal clothes. The uniform is really hard to break. This means it can last a really long time before it can rip a tiny bit. It is nearly indestructible and won’t get complaints what so ever. Do you want children with ripped clothes?

Finally, school uniform makes the children look smart. The polo shirt makes the children look neat and tidy. The black school shoes make them smarter. If children went to school in their own clothes, they would look all scruffy and uncomfortable. However, that wouldn’t be the same with school uniform. No one would have to spend ages looking for what to wear. Do you want children being late for school because they are looking for the clothes they want to put on?

In conclusion, I think that school uniform is a great idea for the school. If you do not choose school uniform, serious action will be taken. May you choose the right choice and make children safe and sound on school trips.

Yours sincerely

Luke S

Liss Junior School

Hillbrow Road

Liss

GU33 7LQ

Wednesday 1st April 2015

Dear Mr Burford,

I am writing to you to inform you why you should not keep school uniform and let your pupils wear their own clothes. My reasons are listed below.

Firstly, the school uniform is quite expensive, so some families might not be able to pay for it and without school uniform they will not be able to attend. If they wore their own clothes they would be able to attend. Do you really want families running out of money because they are having to keep paying for more school uniform?

Secondly, when children move through the years they will grow which means that they will grow out of their school uniform. This means that the pupils’ parents would have to buy more clothing which means more money. Do you really want children wearing old clothes that don’t fit?

School clothes might be warm and well-made but they are not comfortable. I have hade several complains from students about how uncomfortable the school uniform is, which means the children are not concentrating in lessons. As I have one complaint from one of your pupil’s parents who have just recently came from another school where they got to wear their own clothes, they said that their daughter used to have good grades and since she had come to your school she had fallen dramatically in grades and has been complaining of being itchy. She has now got a bad red rash on her arm.

In conclusion, I hope you now know why you should not keep school uniform and decide to let your pupils wear their own clothes to school. If you do you will definitely see the difference, your pupils will be much happier and will concentrate more in lessons and their clothes will be more comfortable. I hope you make the best decision for your pupils.

Yours sincerely,

Harmony

This entry was posted in Literacy and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.