Even more persuasive letters – Joshua C,Phoebe E, Jack S & Amelia

Liss Junior School

Hillbrow Road

Liss

GU33 7LQ

Tuesday 31st April 2015

Dear Mr Burford,

I am writing to inform you that the people in our school shouldn’t be allowed to wear their own casual clothes to school.

Firstly, I think it’s a bad idea because the uniform represents our school community here at Liss especially on school trips. Also when on school trips it would hard to identify lost children and you wouldn’t want to lose them would you?

Secondly, if we were to have casual clothes every day we wouldn’t have special days for no uniform. Also kids want the latest fashion and some people have it when others don’t, this can cause teasing and maybe even bullyin

Additionally, if the student’s clothes get dirty they would get really sad and the parents would get angry that they have to wash the clothes that were bought for their children using the well earned money they got from going to work. People say school uniform is expensive however our website deliberately makes school uniform affordable.

In conclusion, I’m sure you will get a lot complaints from parents for them having to buy uniform and you just banning it. I’m sure you will make the right choice.

Yours sincerely

Joshua C

Liss Junior School,

Hillbrow Road,

Liss,

HANTS,

GU33 7LQ

Tuesday 31st March, 2015

Dear Mr Burford,

I am writing to inform you that the school uniform should stay. I think (and I’m sure that lots of others do too) that it is a vital thing to the school.

First of all, school uniform is a perfect way to identify the pupils. On school trips, or when we are busy around the school, lost pupils can be easily identified by their bright school uniform with the badge. Are you sure you want your pupils getting lost? Also, other people can easily identify the children for the same reason, and without uniform, children could get mixed up with other people wearing similar clothes. Uniform also looks smart for special occasions and school photos, that parents would want to buy more if they looked smart. On sports occasions, if pupils wear school uniform, people will know how fabulous and well behaved the children in your school are. I am sure you would want people to know how amazing your pupils are, wouldn’t you? Uniform is not too expensive and is very hard wearing. Parents would be proud to buy it for their children.

As well as that, children don’t have to waste time before school, searching for fancy clothes to wear. If they know where their uniform is, they just have to take it and put it on. If there was no uniform, some pupils might wear pretty much the same clothes every day. If pupils wear the same clothes every day, they will get dirty and torn. So pupils won’t be able to wear their favourite clothes, and parents will waste money buying more.

Some pupils might get bullied because they don’t have stylish clothes to wear. Other people might get laughed at, because they try to wear fashionable clothes, but they don’t have many. Bullies might make people shy and embarrassed to wear their own clothes, and could cause big problems in the school. Do you want your children to feel unhappy because they’ve been bullied? Furthermore, people would become show-offs too.

Also, own clothes days would be no fun, because children would already be wearing them, so there would be nothing in it. It would just be a chance for bullies to become even stronger! You may as well just make it uniform day, which I’m sure pupils would not like either.

For those reasons, I am sure everyone would say how uniform should stay. There isn’t anything else you could possibly do or say about getting rid of the wonderful uniform. I can’t imagine how many people would be horrified if you just chucked it all away. I expect you to do something about this. If not, then I will take serious action. I will explain to the governors that you are not pleasing the pupils or parents, and will make you pay for the uniform for them until you agree with my idea. You wouldn’t be happy about that, would you? I expect to see uniform at your school for quite a while now.

Yours sincerely

Phoebe E

Liss Junior School

Hillbrow Road

Liss

GU337LQ

Tuesday 31st March

Dear Mr Burford,

I’m writing to inform you that I think you should keep the school uniform instead of changing it to own clothes. Please consider my reasons important.

Firstly, if children go on a school trip and get lost you wouldn’t be able to recognise them so it is a good way of keeping track of the children. Also if you kept on losing the pupils it be a very good reputation and causing upset parents. Do you really want to be responsible for lost children?

Secondly, wearing school uniform represents your school and all of the good things people see you do could make the people think that the school is setting a good example. Also wearing a school uniform shows respect and looks smart.

Thirdly this would make class treats more fun as when they wear their own clothes it won’t be as fun. This is because it would be like a normal day and it will be boring. Other people may think differently to me but I’ve researched that 65% of parents think that you should keep the school uniform Also 35% of children think the same. Also school uniform is more durable than ordinary clothes so it will cost less as they will last longer.

Finally as a conclusion, I hope you do something about this and keep the school uniform do you want lists of complaints? I hope my reasons are enough to persuade you and please consider my reasons important.

Yours sincerely

Jack S

Liss Junior School

Liss

Hampshire

England

GU33 7LQ

Monday 20th April

Dear Mr Burford,

I am writing to inform you that if you do not let us keep school uniform you will lose popularity throughout the school.

Firstly school uniform is needed in this school as we go on so many school trips, children may get lost if school uniform is not worn, as the finder of the child will not know where their school is. Do you really want to take responsibility for lost children and complaints?

Next, children may get bullied because they are not wearing fashionable clothes. This results in parents having to spend a fortune on fashionable clothes and when those clothes go out of fashion more bullying starts and more money spent on new fashionable clothes. It keeps on going until the parents complain that that their child is getting bullied because they’re not wearing the right clothes and the fact that they’re having to spend tens if not hundreds of pounds because you can’t control your students. The uniforms will prevent that from happening. Do you really want the children you’re giving an education to being bullied?

In sports, PE uniform is needed to tell what team you’re in otherwise the other team will mistake you for the wrong team. Some people might say that’s a good thing, but the player from Liss been passed to by the other team might have peer pressure from the wrong team to pass to them.

If you do not take my advice there may be consequences such as your bananas being taken away and you losing authority! If you do decide to change from school uniform to own clothes you will regret becoming a head teacher because children you have the responsibility to look after will get bullied.

Yours sincerely,

Amelia P

This entry was posted in Literacy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.