More formal letters – George & Simon

Liss Junior School

Hillbrow Road

Liss

GU33 7LQ

Tuesday 31st March 2015

Dear Mr Burford,

I am writing to tell you to keep the school uniform the same when the governors come tonight to ask you to make a decision. I think the uniform represents the school’s personality.

Firstly, if you decided to go to a museum for a school trip and there were another school there, if one of the children gets lost you will clearly be able to see their bright red uniform. Do you want complaints about children getting lost from their parents?

Secondly children may argue about the uniform, but I think the uniform is one of the greatest things about this school and you shouldn’t change it. Do you want children arguing about who has better taste in fashion? Or do you want no one arguing because they have the same uniform?

Finally, if you change the uniform people may start to fight about who has better fashion taste and start to fight. But if you keep the school uniform the same they will all look the same and not fight. Also when it is wear your own clothes day it will be more fun because they will have been wearing the school uniform not normal clothes. It also makes the pupils look very smart in their uniform.

In conclusion, it is the right choice to keep the school uniform the same. I expect you to keep it the same and announce it in assembly when you make your decision.

Yours sincerely

Simon W

Liss Junior School

Hillbrow Road

LISS

Hants

GU33 7LQ

Tuesday 31st March 2015

Dear Mr Burford,

I am writing to ask you if we can keep our school uniform, as I know that you’re having a governors meeting tonight and you’re talking about this particular subject. After reading this letter I hope you will join my side and do as much as you can to keep a school uniform.

Firstly, if we go on a school trip the children will be easier to see (which will prevent them getting lost.) If the pupils of the school our misbehaving we’ll be able to recognise who they are easier, as they will have a different uniform to other schools. Therefore the teachers can spot it quicker, so no one knows that they were misbehaving in the first place. People will then want the school to help with/do fun tasks as they’ll know we’re the best behaved school. Do you want our school to stand out from the others?

Secondly, having a school uniform will make mufti days more fun as if you didn’t have a school uniform it would be just like a normal day. However, if they don’t have school uniform they’ll be scruffy, untidy and it would cost the parents more money. Having a school uniform will give your school more money as every bit of uniform sold at Liss Wools helps our school. So then by saving some money up you can make your school more educational and fun than it already is! Remember, happy students produce better work. Do you want a fun and happy school?

Therefore giving you these reasons I hope you go forward with school uniform and do whatever you can to keep it. Thank you for giving up your time to read this letter.

Yours sincerely

George G

This entry was posted in Literacy and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.