Macbeth: Recounts from the meeting with the witches – Abi S

Nightfall was beginning to close in on us from all sides. The moaning cries from the injured soldiers filled the air. Furthermore, I felt that the night time was oddly spooky in appearance. Did I hear a twig snap? Suddenly I heard a rustle in the bushes. I thought I heard a something eerie in the distance.
I looked around… what was that noise?… could it be a owl or could it be something else? I stopped turned around and… then I saw something, three pale ghostly shadows were floating like skeletons right in front of me. I glanced at Macbeth he looked as terrified as I felt. What were these dreadful creatures? Were they just in my imagination? Or were they real?
They rose silently and then they spoke
“All hail Macbeth who shall be king,“ cackled the witches gleefully as they zoomed around Macbeth and I.
“Praise Macbeth who will be thane of Cawdor!”
“Praise Macbeth for he will be king when he is thane of Cawdor!”
After that I exclaimed in surprise,
“But if you can see into the future then tell me my future for I so desperately want to know if a light or hope will come my way.”
“You will be happy when it is all over,” cackled the first witch
“When the days of glory are over for you, your sons will have the much more glory when they are kings!” shouted the witches gleefully. I felt scared, nervous and surprised that my sons would have much more glory than me.
I turned around to look at Macbeth, to see what he thought of it all. He looked as though somebody had hit him with a hammer in the stomach. He’s face was sunken down like a skeleton, and his body features were stiff and hard like a brick wall. I thought to myself,
‘I don’t like the look on his face, whatever it is it can’t be good.’
Just a moment later I heard a clip clop clip clop of hooves in the distance and the witch’s vanished in a puff of smoke.

This entry was posted in Literacy and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.