Uganda – The final post!

Well we’re home! It was a fairly smooth return home. We had a nice final meal at a hotel in Entebbe on Saturday night and were up early on Sunday ready for a 9.10am flight. This was delayed, but only by an hour.

The flight was a good one with a real bonus in the fact that we came into Heathrow right over central London with the Olympic Stadium just to our right. I got home just after 7.00pm and since then I’ve mixed sleep with catching up with the Olympics. I’m absolutely knackered and now that two weeks adrenalin has left my body I’m dropping off to sleep at any opportunity.

The past two weeks have been fantastic and I feel proud to have been part of a trailblazing team. I strongly feel that this is just the beginning and that Yowasi’s visit in September will only strengthen the bonds further. I have learnt a lot about myself and discovered strengths I didn’t know I had. I’ve also learned that I cannot compete with a toy leopard for popularity.

Many thanks to Tara, Rebecca and Stu my three companions on this trip and to all the many people in Uganda who helped us throughout the fortnight.

Lastly, a big ‘thank you’ to everyone who has read this blog. I hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it.

This entry was posted in Kafuro Primary School, Uganda and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Uganda – The final post!

1. Mr Stanley's mum says:

Lovely to have the last instalment for my folder and to know that you and Larry survived so well. Catch up on the sleep and we look forward to hearing all about it when you wake up and are more rested. Congratulations to all four ( sorry,five of you), a really great job.
    Love Mum

2. yowasi says:

Happy that you have been updating the blog, I say you are the Man!! Thanks to the creator that the brave team finally reached home safely!! (now awaits my turn and other teachers’) Thanks the team and every body ( My Headteacher Liss junior sch,QE parks project committee, volunteers and all participants) who have made this trip a success.We have loved and appreciated your visit plus the wonderful donations to our schools (That we can communicate and play some newly introduced games in our schools).
    Great thanks from the school community and every body at Kafuro primary school for the visit and good representation by Adam on behalf of Liss Junior School,He has really shown that Liss school loves us.
    We are looking forward to meeting you in September.
    Good luck to every body reading both the Blogs………

Best wishes from Yowasi.